If management is a career goal, you know it will take more than work experience to stand out at the next promotion. Earning a certification in management skills validates your ability to lead a team, giving your employer confidence that you have the skills necessary to manage a team successfully.
Many leadership certifications provide specific leadership skills that you can implement in any industry. Some certifications are self-directed and others have a virtual classroom element. Whatever learning style you prefer, you can find a leadership certification that teaches that way.
The certification includes seven courses that teach you the basics of effectively leading organizations, teams, and people and creating tools to analyze business situations. The courses last approximately eight months and there are no prerequisites.
At the end of the certification process, you will create a leadership and management plan in which you will implement what you have learned in a business situation. Certification provides a hands-on experiential assignment that provides you with beneficial practice and creates value from the perspective of a potential employer. The seven courses included in this certification are:
- Leading Teams: Developing as a Leader
- Leading Teams: Creating Effective Team Cultures
- Design the organization
- Organization management
- Business strategy
- Business strategy
- Strategic Leadership and Management Cornerstone
If you’re looking for a way to develop your leadership skills that doesn’t take so much time, you might want to check out the tools every team leader and boss needs.
The course develops essential skills for personal happiness, team motivation, and time management, whether you’re leading an entire business or a small team. This course is for business leaders, founders and anyone who manages two or more people with the hope of achieving a leadership promotion in the future.
Udemy’s Practical Leadership Skills pursuit will cover:
- Why being replaceable is a plus point.
- Make the main academic theories practical.
- Develop the skills and confidence of your employees.
- Create the perfect balance between control and delegation.
- Awareness of common mistakes that negatively impact your credibility.
- How to personalize your approach and motivate your teams.
- What makes a leader great?
The certification is 100% online and self-directed, with 43 lectures among the seven courses lasting two hours and 51 minutes. If you find it difficult to share the workload, the section on striking a balance between monitoring and delegating may be beneficial. Delegation is a must-have leadership skill to reduce your workload.
The certification is aimed at new managers or those who seek to become one. It is a two-month program with a mix of online course material and a comprehensive classroom component, with project work requiring 10-20 hours of work outside of class time.
Certification Instructors have designed this certification to provide you with the skills necessary to:
- Quickly increase your leadership skills and strategic perspective.
- Take on additional responsibilities.
- Develop your effectiveness in an organization.
Topics covered by this certification include:
- Managing your mind: implicit biases and the workplace.
- Change management.
- Create a customer-centric organization.
- Negotiation and communication: an integrated approach.
- Cultivate a strategic thinking mindset.
- The power to lead with strengths and emotional intelligence.
Once you’ve earned your certification, you’ll want to update your resume, adding management skills to show that you’re a good team leader.
Although there are no formal prerequisites for earning certification, the course designers recommend having work experience in a leadership role. The instructors have designed the certification program to help you gain the skills and knowledge needed to succeed as a leader.
By completing the certificate, you demonstrate your understanding of authentic leadership and enhance your leadership skills relevant to your position. Here is an overview of the courses you take for certification. Each course lasts two weeks and requires five hours of your time:
- International Leadership: The Evolution of Management and Leadership Theory.
- International leadership: ethical leadership and decision-making.
- International leadership: politics and philosophy of leadership.
This is another certification that has no prerequisites. It takes four months to complete, with about two hours of work per week. The certification addresses the needs of modern business, including IT, product management, digital transformation, and design thinking.
The specialization covers leadership skills and what they mean for business. It includes four classes:
- Digital transformation
- Thinking design for innovation
- Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals
- Customer-centric IT strategy
Certification culminates in an applied learning project. In this project, you use the Boston Consulting Group’s Digital Transformation Framework to establish actionable direction for successfully managing your product and accelerating the prototyping process to strategically align it for implementation in an IT infrastructure.
The Inclusive Leadership certification is a 3 month course, requiring one to two hours of your time per week. In this course, you will learn skills to create an inclusive workplace culture, leveraging the power of diversity by strengthening your inclusive leadership skills.
The program teaches you to apply inclusive leadership skills with EACH
There are three courses in this program, and each course lasts four weeks:
- Become a successful leader.
- Go beyond work-life balance.
- Lead with effective communication.
The skills you learn in this certification can be included in leadership skills that empower you to take control of any situation.
There are no prerequisites for this certification. If you are accredited with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), you will be pleased to know that you will earn 4.6 credits when you complete this certification.
Instructors created this certification to bridge a hundred years of science with today’s managers. This certification is created for the following people:
- Managers in charge of a team.
- Managers looking for tools and information that can help them manage their team more effectively.
- Professionals who wish to upgrade their human skills.
- Professionals who want to learn more about human behavior.
Courses taught in this certification include:
- our brain
- Our genetic programming
- Our previous experience
- Our environment/context
The certification is 100% online and self-directed, with 34 lectures among the six courses lasting three hours and three minutes.
Having a degree or diploma can open the door for you, but continuing education is the way to maximize your time once you’re there. If you are a manager or are striving to be one, honing your leadership skills is the best way to success.
The cost, time required, and the skills a certification gives you are the factors you need to consider when deciding which leadership certification is right for you. Leadership skills can help you improve your life at work and at home. So you might be interested in time management tips that can make you a leader in life and at work.