GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it! Massive changes are afoot in the gaming industry and beyond. Are you interested in being empowered to seize growth opportunities? be part of a bold transformation to take customer success to a new level? OLG strives to be a market leader in gaming and a premier choice for entertainment.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need an enthusiast Senior Training Specialist to design, plan and deliver customer service training programs that align with company goals and objectives while supporting employee performance.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Attached to the Manager Customer Care Training, you will be required to:
- Design, develop and implement learning content for OLG’s system tools and general knowledge base (e.g. eLearning, job aids, reference guides and online training materials). class) to align with training needs and customer service performance goals
- Create and maintain standardized training packages (teaching guides, lesson plans, evaluation templates, post-training surveys)
- Design training programs with the best pedagogical strategies using blended learning solutions (cooperative learning, scenario-based learning) and program design (needs assessment, learning outcomes, lesson plans, lesson plans and assessment techniques) using strong expertise in instructional design
- Deliver training programs in a confident and engaging manner through a variety of channels (classroom, e-learning, virtual, and HyFlex) that accommodate a variety of learning styles
- Collaborate with internal partners/stakeholders throughout the design and development process for content validation
- Coach and support employees throughout the training cycle
- Track and report learner progress through established assessments (informal and formal)
- Identify and escalate employee performance and development issues to ensure a high performing work culture
- Monitor customer service interactions to ensure training effectiveness and confirm integration of newly developed skills into learners’ work habits and behaviors
- Review existing training materials to ensure content is up-to-date and reflects training best practices and industry trends
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: 3+ years of related work experience in a similar role; at least 2 years of experience in instructional design, including creating, planning and delivering training throughout the full training cycle experience in an adult learning environment
Education: Post-secondary degree in a relevant field (training, adult education, human resources, etc.) or equivalent
Knowledge and skills: Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design, adult learning principles, training methodologies, techniques and related tools; practical experience in planning and delivering adult education programs; ability to train groups of all sizes and learning levels in the development and deployment of effective training solutions, comfortable developing both clean new training and improving existing training; excellent training and delivery skills; ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality through daily interaction with sensitive operations and employee data
Assets: Knowledge of contact center best practices, performance measurement, technologies and job functions; working knowledge of customer service business processes and factors affecting customer service levels; proficiency in MS Teams and/or other instructional design tools
Results oriented: Demonstrates confidence and professionalism, communicates clearly, meets deadlines and delivers quality work
Negotiation and influence: well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with the ability to immerse themselves in unique challenges and find creative solutions
Cooperation & fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
Licenses, Registrations, Certificates: AGCO Category 2 Game Assistant Registration (Initiated at the offer stage – employment is conditional on obtaining and maintaining this license)
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
- You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
- Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (permanent OLG employees only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a several billion dollars organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be based on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for Ontarians. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by September 30, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.